Friday, May 4, 2012

May the 4th Be With You!

As a child of the 80s, (and living less than an hour from Lucas Valley)I thought I'd saber the moment (heh) and embrace my civic duty and post for National Star Wars Day. In reverence for my nerd roots (and in gratitude for the Jedi Mind Trick, a skill every mother has used on our offspring since it's discovery) I present to you:

Star Wars: Revenge of the Kids
and some other pics I couldn't resist.

Luke has been into Attachment Jedi-ing since the 80s!





Sorry, New Star Wars. No. Fucking. Way.






 


Okay, I have to post some relevant content, if only because I'm putting SO much time, effort and even money into a rebel alliance of sorts of my own, in honor of Mother's Day!

I have put together a link directory of birth stories to try and give access about real birth information by, for and about moms using the tie that binds them all. Writing your birth story can be a cathartic experience, a keepsake for you and your child and a gift to another mother who may have never known what you have to share, or never realize she's not alone. There are no rules, no right way to write- the very point is in celebrating our individualities; to recognize that every mother, birth and baby are different. Each of us is important and each has our part. Check the #birthstrong tab or click the button (and grab your own) for more information. Thanks for stopping by! 





3 comments:

  1. Haha! These are awesome. Thanks for the much needed laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha,
    Stopping by from the hop to follow your adventures and to giggle at Darth Vader pushing the stroller--ha!

    I'd love it if you'd come join us at localsugarhawaii.com as we ride the wave of life.

    xoxo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great!! Stopping by from the hop and stayed too long :) Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Put your two cents in here:

The Body Shop UK

Disqus for The Progressive Parent

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Deep Discounts on Parenting Products